Inspirational quotes and motivational sayings have an amazing ability to change the way we feel about life. This is why I find them so interesting and crucial on our paths to success.
So what’s their secret?
You see, the way you think and feel about yourself, including your beliefs and expectations about what is possible for you, determines everything that happens to you.
When you change the quality of your thinking, you change the quality of your life, sometimes instantly. Just as positive words can make someone smile or a well-timed humorous quote can make someone laugh, our thoughts react to the world in real-time.
You have complete control over only one thing in the universe your thinking and that’s where motivational quotes come in!
You can decide what you are going to think in any given situation. Your thoughts and feelings determine your actions and determine the results you get. It all starts with your thoughts and I have found that inspirational words are a quick way to retune your thinking.
Try keeping a few uplifting excerpts or positive proclamations on hand. If you ever notice your energy or your spirit begin to drop, simply recite an inspirational and uplifting quote to quickly boost your mood.
Inspirational Quotes About Life And Success
I’ve compiled a list of some of the best motivational quotes so you can start the year by taking control of your thoughts, thinking positively, and setting new goals.
If you are looking for another way to stay motivated in life, be sure to download my free guide to staying motivated during tough times.
Here are my favorite inspirational quotes about life:
1) The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.
This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place on earth – and a multibillion-dollar empire.
2) The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.
When it comes to success quotes by famous people, Winston Churchill’s inspirational words of wisdom always make the list.
3) Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today.
Will Rogers was an American actor, cowboy, columnist, and social commentator who believed in keeping forward momentum.
4) You Learn More From Failure Than From Success. Don’t Let It Stop You. Failure Builds Character.
When you replace ‘lose’ with ‘learn’ in your vocabulary, the thought of failure becomes less daunting and lets you focus on growth.
5) It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up.
Vince Lombardi was an American football hero who’s uplifting words frequently make it onto Top 10 Inspirational Quotes lists.
6) If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You. – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs truly captured some of the wisdom of life in this statement. Do that which you are passionate about and your work will feel effortless.
7) People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.
I believe this is one of the best quotes to live by because it reminds me to think without limits and never doubts my wildest thoughts.
8) Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.
There’s a special place in my heart for these inspirational words. They remind me of my unwavering determination to become a motivational speaker.
9) Entrepreneurs Are Great At Dealing With Uncertainty And Also Very Good At Minimizing Risk. That’s The Classic Entrepreneur.
This line always puts a smile on my face because it alludes to the excitement of not knowing what to expect but seeing a possible life-changing outcome.
10) We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.
Maya Angelou was one of the top civil rights activists and embraced a spirit of positive thinking and sheer determination.
11) Knowing Is Not Enough; We Must Apply. Wishing Is Not Enough; We Must Do.
This piece of wisdom is one of my favorite quotes for students. It reminds us to apply what we learn and take action toward success, rather than waiting and hoping.
12) Imagine Your Life Is Perfect In Every Respect; What Would It Look Like?
The exercise mentioned in this excerpt of my personal development philosophy is one of the keys to gaining clarity for what you really want in life. Start with a clear vision of your ideal life and happiness, then work backward to achieve it.
13) We Generate Fears While We Sit. We Overcome Them By Action.
I love this pairing of quotation and image (below). Before we act, our imaginations often run wild, but when we move forward we often find the path ahead far less daunting than the horrifying version we had created in our minds.
14) Whether You Think You Can Or Think You Can’t, You’re Right.
Truly a quote to live by, the American captain of industry, Henry Ford, made this proclamation while reflecting on his life. He is still one of the wealthiest figures of the modern period. Ford also said, “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
15) Security Is Mostly A Superstition. Life Is Either A Daring Adventure Or Nothing.
Helen Keller is the author of this thought-provoking quote about life. I love her adventurous spirit and all or nothing attitude!
17) The Only Limit To Our Realization Of Tomorrow Will Be Our Doubts Of Today. – FDR
F.D.R. famously alluded to the impact positive thinking can have on the world, stating that our doubts, or our self-limiting beliefs, were the only restraints on the possibilities of the future.
18) Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.
Albert Einstein authored this encouraging and uplifting quote. In just five words, he captured the essence of his intellectual philosophy and inspired others to embrace the creative process.
19) What You Lack In Talent Can Be Made Up With Desire, Hustle, And Giving 110% All The Time.
Professional baseball player and coach, Don Zimmer dedicated 65 years to the sport. The wisdom he left behind implies that will power and dedication are just as important as ability. Again, alluding to the concept that success is formed in the mind before it is manifested in reality.
20) Do What You Can With All You Have, Wherever You Are.
At number twenty, we have one of the most famous quotes about life by Teddy Roosevelt, who served as President of the United States from 1901 to 1909. A true optimist, he believed in the value of always giving it your all, no matter what you have or where you are.